- Deride and criticize by means of satire: the movie satirized the notion of national superiorityMore example sentences
mock, ridicule, hold up to ridicule, deride, make fun of, poke fun at, parody, lampoon, burlesque, caricature, take off, travesty; criticize, censure, pillory• informal send upBritish • informal take the mickey out ofBritish • vulgar slang take the piss out of• archaic squib• rare pasquinade
- She teases, criticizes and satirizes American democracy, but she cares so much it's positively palpable.
- Fatally, however, they crossed over from satirising commentators to criticising player behaviour.
- After several years of worrying about how to respond to the war, the motion picture industry even generated a movie satirizing its own anxiety.
- More example sentences
- For 130 years, their topsy-turvy plots and satirization of love, honour, class and duty have kept audiences packing houses.
- She suggests that the article is a horribly offensive diatribe that grossly over-generalises in its satirisation of the downtrodden Ulster underclass.