- A disc-shaped predatory water bug which lives in muddy ponds and breathes by means of an air bubble around the body.
More example sentences
- Ilyocoris cimicoides, family Naucoridae, suborder Heteroptera
- The Saucer Bug has a bubble of air trapped underneath its body as it swims around in the water using its long, hairy back legs.
- The Saucer Bug creeps among vegetation under the water, attacking insect larvae, water lice and other small creatures.
- The Saucer bug crawls over the bottom under the plants to seek a safe hiding spot.