Definition of saurian in English:
Of or like a lizard: a table with saurian legs
More example sentences
- It stood up on two thick saurian legs; it was at least 20 feet tall.
- One sinister saurian lies along the grassy banks, as patterned and prim - and primed - as a killer handbag.
- This saurian symbol of Chinese emperors has been claimed, from the mid-1980s onward, as the common patrimony of all Chinese people.
nounBack to top
Any large reptile, especially a dinosaur or other extinct form.
- We see literally hundreds of saurians in this sequence, representing a diverse range of species, and the excitement and beauty of the story unfold dynamically without a single spoken word.
- Megalancosaurus is one of the few putative bird ancestors among basal saurians that has been included in a more global cladistic analysis or in the context of smaller taxonomic groupings.
- Jenkins observed that in living saurians humeral motion primarily takes place perpendicular to the saddle's long axis, across the shorter, convex surface.
Definition of saurian in:
- US English dictionary