- A light ring-shaped cake made with yeast and soaked in liqueur-flavoured syrup.More example sentences
- He used the same dough, but removed the dried fruits and soaked the savarin with his own ‘secret’ syrup.
- Place a chocolate brioche savarin on top, set a scoop of white chocolate ice cream in the center and sprinkle the dish with cocoa nibs.
- My savarin with rum and muscatel tasted like a stale doughnut soused in wine.
named after Anthelme Brillat- Savarin (1755–1826), French gastronome.
More definitions of savarinDefinition of savarin in:
- The US English dictionary