(also savings and loan association)
- (In the US) an institution which accepts savings at interest and lends money to savers for house or other purchases: [as modifier]: savings and loan associationsMore example sentences
- Specifically, she studies the ideas that formed the basis for regulating commercial banks, savings and loans and credit unions.
- These are commercial banks or savings and loans that are classified by the Federal Reserve as black institutions and have been fully operational for the previous calendar year.
- We measured institutional ownership as the number of shares held by pension funds, banks and trust companies, savings and loans, mutual fund managers, and labor union funds divided by total common stock.
More definitions of savings and loanDefinition of savings and loan in:
- The US English dictionary