- 1A sheath for the blade of a sword or dagger, typically made of leather or metal: a ceremonial sword hung at his side in a gilded scabbardMore example sentences
- She produced a short dagger in a leather scabbard that tied to the belt.
- She would have looked like the perfect Lady had it not been for the heavy black leather scabbard and sword belt that encircled a slender waist.
- The sword was sheathed in a leather scabbard trimmed in silver.
More definitions of scabbardDefinition of scabbard in:
- The US English dictionary