- An electron microscope in which the surface of a specimen is scanned by a beam of electrons that are reflected to form an image.More example sentences
- Another type of scanning electron microscope, the environmental scanning electron microscope, was developed in the late 1980s.
- After all, the stars of the best forensic science shows are often the equipment - DNA sequencers, mass spectrometers, photometric fingerprint illuminators, scanning electron microscopes and the like.
- The hot electron source has been used on most scanning electron microscopes since their introduction in 1965.
More definitions of scanning electron microscopeDefinition of scanning electron microscope in:
- The US English dictionary