- An animal gland that secretes an odorous pheromone or defensive substance, especially one under the tail of a carnivorous mammal such as a civet or skunk.More example sentences
- All three genera have a scent gland on the rump, which is used in social communication.
- A male capybara has a distinctive scent gland called a ‘morrillo’ that appears as a dark, oval-shaped, hairless bump on top of its rostrum.
- Scent marking by depositing urine and sebum from anogenital scent glands on substrate is common among mammals, especially rodents.
More definitions of scent glandDefinition of scent gland in:
- The US English dictionary