noun• informal , Australian & • dialect
- 1.1A school pupil.More example sentences
- Of these, 1,346 were schoolies or high school students; the remainder were university students, local residents, or other tourists.
- Well, Jimmy's been out the front gardening and noticed some schoolies throwing stones in the abandoned car showroom - it happened when Sister and El were visiting and our neighbour also had her window put through.
- The play is regularly performed by teenagers in the US - this usually means that schoolies are taken to see it.
- (In Australia) a week of celebrations to mark the end of the final year of senior school.More example sentences
- While most year 12 students are already planning their trips for schoolies week one Lismore student is really going to get away from home.
- Both schoolies week and spring break are holidays when youth travel with friends and gather in large numbers, typically at beach resorts, with the goal of an adult-free, responsibility-free, fun time.
- It's up to our fun-loving heroes to discover why all the fun-loving teens are turning into zombies (see, it is just like schoolies week!)