- 1Relating to the hip.More example sentences
- It arises from the lumbosacral plexus and then enters the thigh through the greater sciatic foramen.
- When inferior branches are absent, they are sometimes replaced by branches from the middle rectal, gluteal, and sciatic arteries.
- Patients with the piriformis syndrome will have pain with passive internal rotation and palpation of the sciatic notch, as well as with active external rotation.
early 16th century (as a noun denoting sciatica): from French sciatique, via late Latin from Greek iskhiadikos 'relating to the hips, subject to sciatica', from iskhion 'hip joint'.
More definitions of sciaticDefinition of sciatic in:
- The US English dictionary