(also scimitar-horned oryx)
- An oryx with scimitar-shaped horns, now living only along the southern edge of the Sahara.
More example sentences
- Oryx dammah, family Bovidae
- Here one would find oneself part of a unique population: domain and rheem gazelle, scimitar-horned oryx, the beautiful Arabian oryx, the rare Arabian fox, the tiny desert hare.
- They also enjoyed the scimitar-horned oryx, axis deer, fallow deer, sika deer, blackbuck antelope, eland, Corsican rams and their various cousins, aoudad, impala, bison and many more species calling the Rio Bonito home.
- The scimitar-horned oryx: overhunting, desertification and continuing wars in northern Africa have all contributed to its demise.
More definitions of scimitar oryxDefinition of scimitar oryx in:
- The US English dictionary