Definition of scintigraphy in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A technique in which a scintillation counter or similar detector is used with a radioactive tracer to obtain an image of a bodily organ or a record of its functioning.
- The diagnostic relevance of other techniques (ultrasonography, evacuation scintigraphy, pelvic floor magnetic resonance imaging, etc) is under evaluation.
- Nuclear medicine scintigraphy can image the entire axial and appendicular skeleton to detect distant sites of osseous metastases.
- They include plain radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography, and bone scintigraphy.
- Example sentences
- Therefore, researchers have attempted to evaluate the role of motility dysfunction in nonulcer dyspepsia by conducting scintigraphic studies of gastric emptying, manometry, and electrogastrography.
- Chest radiographs and a scintigraphic bone scan were negative.
- Increased scintigraphic uptake was bilateral in 10 patients and unilateral in 4.
Definition of scintigraphy in:
- US English dictionary