Definition of sclera in English:
The white outer layer of the eyeball. At the front of the eye it is continuous with the cornea.
- The remaining chapters include discussions of tumors of the orbit, eyelid, conjunctiva, cornea and sclera, uvea, and optic nerve.
- At the external border between the cornea and the sclera is the external scleral sulcus depression.
- The limbus is the thin area that connects the cornea and the sclera, the white part of the eye.
- Example sentences
- On examination, the patient appears nontoxic, is afebrile, has normal visual acuity, and demonstrates moderate bilateral conjunctival and scleral erythema, serous discharge, conjunctival swelling, and a tender preauricular node.
- Surgical options include ulcer debridement, conjunctival resection, corneal graft, application of tissue adhesives, sclerectomy, and scleral patch grafting.
- Physical exam reveals scleral icterus, an enlarged liver that is firm to palpation, and occasional splenomegaly.
Definition of sclera in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan