noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The treatment of varicose blood vessels by the injection of an irritant which causes inflammation, coagulation of blood, and narrowing of the blood vessel wall.More example sentences
- Injection sclerotherapy is a surgical treatment in which the veins are injected with a chemical that closes them completely.
- Injection sclerotherapy is the non-surgical treatment for primary varicose veins.
- Injection sclerotherapy is an alternative to band ligation in first and second degree haemorrhoids.
More definitions of sclerotherapyDefinition of sclerotherapy in:
- The US English dictionary