trademark, chiefly North American
Transparent adhesive tape.
- Carefully secure the edges with a hot-glue gun (don't bother with Scotch tape - it won't hold!
- Do you have a tabloid sized newspaper, some Scotch tape, string, scissors and an appreciation of simple joys?
- Next, I placed the glass on top of the liner and taped it to the liner using Scotch tape.
verb(Scotch-tape) [with object and adverbial]
Stick with transparent adhesive tape: I Scotch-taped my drawings to the walls
More example sentences
- I recognized most of them from the snapshots of the ensemble during their many previous nights at Linda's, which were Scotch-taped neatly onto a long mirror across from the bar.
- Someone had sloppily Scotch-taped a Council of Canadians flag next to his seat.
- We're not newcomers, he says, referencing a smaller hand-lettered sign that was, until recently, Scotch-taped in the bookstore window.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Scotch tape
Definition of Scotch tape in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.