Definition of scriptwriter in English:
A person who writes a script for a play, film, or broadcast.
- Directors, scriptwriters, cinematographers, set designers and the rest had to make hard decisions - to work with the enemy, or not work at all.
- These included creative directors, market researchers, scriptwriters and storyboard artists.
- Pygmalion was the first of three Shaw adaptations that he was to direct, and the first film on which the great dramatist himself worked as scriptwriter.
- Example sentences
- He talks about all facets of making the movie, from scriptwriting, to filming on location in Hollywood, to editing the movie to give the stars the exposure they deserve.
- She did all the scriptwriting, filming, sound, lighting, direction herself.
- Sometimes, the creative process of scriptwriting takes place quite close to the actual film production time.
Words that rhyme with scriptwriterscreenwriter
Definition of scriptwriter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia