Definition of sea breeze in English:
1A breeze blowing towards the land from the sea, especially during the day owing to the relative warmth of the land.
- The wind never left, still relentlessly blowing, the sea breeze refreshing during the beautiful setting of the sun.
- It also speaks to the senses, the smell of the sand and the sea breeze, the warmth of the air.
- The sea breeze again blew the blanket off his shoulder.
2A cocktail typically consisting of vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice.
- Ms Knox had the sea breeze, and so when the bill for €89.90 arrived we were totally nonplussed.
- I had a Sea Breeze and a Mike's Hard Ice Tea (that I wanted to try and it was really good).
- Student bar staff don't know the difference between a sea breeze and a martini!
Definition of sea breeze in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan