- An echinoderm which has a thick worm-like body with tentacles around the mouth. They typically have rows of tube feet along the body and breathe by means of a respiratory tree.
More example sentences
- Class Holothuroidea
- One end of the sea cucumber is its mouth, recognizable by a fringe of tentacles.
- The salted and cured viscera of the Selenka sea cucumber, considered a delicacy of Japanese cuisine, is very expensive and difficult to find in the United States.
- First, the skin of the sea cucumber is removed to avoid its bitter taste.
More definitions of sea cucumberDefinition of sea cucumber in:
- The US English dictionary