- A large Eurasian fish-eating eagle that frequents coasts and wetlands.
More example sentences
- Genus Haliaetus, family Accipitridae: several species, in particular the widespread white-tailed sea eagle (H. albicilla), recently reintroduced to Scotland
- This also happens to be where Scotland's most emblematic birds are flying: golden eagles, ospreys, sea eagles, whooper swans, grouse etc.
- At the moment it is illegal to own eggs stolen from protected birds in Britain, such as ospreys, sea eagles and golden eagles.
- They face a host of predators, including sea eagles, golden eagles, peregrine falcons, black-backed gulls and rats.
More definitions of sea eagleDefinition of sea eagle in:
- The US English dictionary