Definition of seascape in English:
1A view of an expanse of sea.
- We offer the natural wonders of whales, icebergs and seabirds framed by dramatic seascape, landscape and unique culture.
- The far-flung views offer one of the most superb blends of seascape and mountain possible.
- Some of the protected areas in this seascape are already World Heritage sites.
1.1A depiction of a seascape.
- Turner's seascapes are never merely paintings of the sea.
- He often concentrated on views of rivers or estuaries with a strong diagonal axis, and also occasionally painted seascapes.
- At the Met, Paul Signac and his luminous seascapes emerge from Seurat's shadow.
Words that rhyme with seascapelandscape • cityscape
Definition of seascape in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.