- An oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.More example sentences
- Testosterone causes excessive sebum to be secreted from the skin's sebaceous glands.
- The glands remain immature until puberty, and it is the secretion of sebum that is associated with pubertal acne.
- The oily sebum rises up through the hair follicle, providing lubrication for your skin and hair.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin sebum 'grease'.
More definitions of sebumDefinition of sebum in:
- The US English dictionary