Definition of second-degree in English:
1 Medicine Denoting burns that cause blistering but not permanent scars.
- Do not remove dead burned tissue and do not open blisters that may form, particularly in second-degree burns.
- Natural color may return to superficial burns and some second-degree burns in several months.
- The chemical burned through the first layer of skin and the resulting second-degree burn covers an area more than 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
2 Law , chiefly North American Denoting a category of a crime, especially murder, that is less serious than a first-degree crime.
- His behavior was in no way accidental, and he was in fact subsequently convicted of second-degree murder for killing Fansler.
- The state jury acquitted Nelson of all charges, including second-degree murder.
- Chambers, who was charged with second-degree murder, pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter, a lesser, but still very serious charge.
Definition of second-degree in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.