noun[treated as plural]
- A police force working in secret against a government’s political opponents.More example sentences
- However, the new police lack any effective power against the Sandinista secret police or army.
- In places it was only Russian troops who protected the secret police from workers' anger.
- Ganev's career initially received a boost from his role as an official in the Stalinist secret police.
More definitions of secret policeDefinition of secret police in:
- The US English dictionary