Definition of securitize in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective securitized)
Convert (an asset, especially a loan) into marketable securities, typically for the purpose of raising cash by selling them to other investors: the use of securitized debt as a major source of corporate finance
More example sentences
- Additionally, many asset-backed conduits purchase financial assets already securitized by other funding corporations.
- And much of the debt has been securitized into income shares sold to the public which has no knowledge of what they bought.
- As more companies securitize their assets, the arguments become even more bitter.
- Example sentences
- However, securitization may not get a lender completely off the hook in the eyes of credit analysts.
- But the cost of securitization is greater than the cost of sourcing funds in the inter-bank and retail deposit markets.
- And not all microcredit gurus are so sure securitization will take off.
Definition of securitize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan