- 1A person of supposed supernatural insight who sees visions of the future: a seer had foretold that the earl would assume the throneMore example sentences
- Traditionally, these areas would be the domain of the ‘witch doctor’ or seer, wizard, shaman, wise man/woman, whatever they may be called.
- She represented herself as a seer and used fortune-telling techniques such as palmistry.
- Believers have declared that this is a prophecy of the Great Fire of London, which is also said to have been foretold by Nostradamus and other seers.
- 1.1An expert who provides forecasts of the economic or political future: our seers have grown gloomier about prospects for growthMore example sentences
- While your disciples are journalists and blaspheming healers mine are seers and political strategists.
- Looking back on his comments a little more than a year later, it is hard to give the former governor high marks as an economic seer.