- 1Consisting of or divided into segments: segmented labour marketsMore example sentences
- Devalorization of cultural capital caused by this disparity in salaries in a segmented labor market unsettled the positive correlation that existed between cultural capital and income and engendered a status reversal.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, considerable work was done on modifying human capital theory to take account of dual or segmented labour markets.
- An understanding of internal and segmented labor markets helps explain variations in the social composition of the armed forces.
- 1.1 Zoology (Of an animal’s body or appendage) formed of a longitudinal series of similar parts: its body is clearly segmented the segmented wormMore example sentences
- The crustaceans are a class of the phylum Arthropoda, a large and important phylum that includes animals with a segmented body, hard exoskeleton, and many jointed legs.
- Arthropods are bilaterally symmetrical protostomes with strongly segmented bodies.
- These species are notable for the plesiomorphic retention of venation (albeit already quite reduced) in their tegmina, segmented cerci, and pentamerous tarsi.
More definitions of segmentedDefinition of segmented in:
- The US English dictionary