Definition of self-build in English:
noun[mass noun, often as modifier] British
The building of homes by their owners: self-build schemes self-build is the cheapest way to get a home to your specification
More example sentences
- Finance is also becoming easier, with many high street building societies offering self-build mortgages.
- The Ecology Building Society specialises in mortgages for conversions, renovations and ecological self-build projects.
- Jordan says this self-build scheme may be replicated elsewhere by the company, but only on developments of a similar size.
- Example sentences
- However, Scottish Building warned prospective self-builders to ensure their project is ‘properly supervised’ as there are inherent dangers in self-build.
- If it is a particularly large project, self-builders should consider hiring a quantity surveyor who will advise on construction costs and help to obtain competitive tenders from contractors.
- Built-in or central vacuum cleaning systems are becoming popular with self-builders or people who are doing a large renovation project.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan