- 1The study of one’s own behaviour and motivations: a period of considerable self-doubt and self-examinationMore example sentences
- After a period of thoughtful self-examination, I've arrived at a few uncomfortable realizations.
- The study surveyed students about their self-examination of thoughts and self-correction of practices between speeches in an oral communication course.
- It is a day devoted to atonement, introspection and self-examination.
- 1.1The action of examining one’s own body for signs of illness.More example sentences
- There is no direct evidence that screening by only self-examination or clinical examination is beneficial.
- With statistics like these, it is imperative that nurses educate their patients regarding cancer prevention, self-examination, early warning signs, and actions to take.
- Many cancers of the oral cavity and oropharynx can be found early, during routine screening examinations by a doctor or dentist, or by self-examination.
More definitions of self-examinationDefinition of self-examination in:
- The US English dictionary