- The use of one’s own efforts and resources to achieve things without relying on others: a reduction in the role of the state and an increasing reliance on self-helpMore example sentences
- What we have not done is ask whether self-help can sensibly be relied upon to deal with all the problems that limited liability causes for creditors.
- The centre promotes self-help and complementary therapies for cancer sufferers to try and enhance their quality of life.
- Few seem to practice self-help, and even fewer turn to organising group therapy.
More definitions of self-helpDefinition of self-help in:
- The US English dictionary