- A half-year term in a school or university, especially in North America, typically lasting for fifteen to eighteen weeks: the opening week of Harvard’s autumn semesterMore example sentences
- The primary mode of communication among students and instructors for both semesters was the university's email system.
- If possible, students can make school changes between semesters or at the end of the school year.
- After several semesters of college work, the skills development in Navajo and English often becomes coordinated.
early 19th century: from German Semester, from Latin semestris 'six-monthly', from sex 'six' + mensis 'month'.
More definitions of semesterDefinition of semester in:
- The US English dictionary