Definition of semi-acoustic in English:
(Of a guitar) having one or more pickups and a hollow body, typically with f-holes.
- There was one highlight, though - he got to hold Judd's white semi-acoustic Gibson guitar, which, he says, is the only guitar that ever felt right in his hands.
- It's thrilling to see this return to the fray stretching out into a real second wind. ‘Born Innocent’ bowls along at a brisk pace, mixing earthy semi-acoustic rock with a soulful, retro feel, heavy on the Hammond.
- The album, Steve explains, is the basis for the band's current semi-acoustic tour, having a softer, more acoustic sound itself.
nounBack to top
A semi-acoustic guitar.
- Eric played a red Gibson 330 semi-acoustic throughout his set - it sounded great, but then Gibsons are the best.
- I wonder if feedback is more of a risk when playing a semi-acoustic.
- She keeps us hanging in there, long enough to hear her bashing a wooden chair with a drumstick, and then strumming on a turquoise semi-acoustic.
Definition of semi-acoustic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan