(Of a film) having a factual background and a fictitious story.
- Experimental, semi-documentary film, showing London's East End through the lives of two deaf-mutes.
- In order to salute the real-life equivalents of its subjects, the film affects a semi-documentary style, casts character actresses rather than stars in the leads, and uses genuine military personnel as walk-ons.
- Originating from a New York café conversation Marston had with a former mule, the film has a semi-documentary feel and projects the authenticity of careful research.
A semi-documentary film.
- His fiction films (as opposed to certain of his documentaries or semi-documentaries) are rather pale and weak as a result.
- An experimental film shot on a digital video camera, it's a semi-documentary on the life of Indonesian poet Kadir.
- A semi-documentary about the Algerian revolution against French rule, and the harsh but effective measures employed by the French to crush the resistance.
Definition of semi-documentary in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.