nounchiefly North American
- 1A trailer having wheels at the back but supported at the front by a towing vehicle.More example sentences
- For the purposes of this Convention, ‘vehicles’ means motor vehicles, articulated vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers as defined in article 4 of the Convention on Road Traffic dated 19th September 1949.
- The long main road between Montreal and Quebec City is the Jean LeSage Autoroute, a poorly-maintained epic of a straight four-lane highway crowded with huge transport vehicles, especially semi-trailers with loads of logs.
- The first place winner was Tridekon, a company based in Eden that has developed a hydraulically-driven, telescoping swing auger for unloading grain from semi-trailers.
- 1.1An articulated lorry.More example sentences
- What is worse, for a period between one and two years ago, 44-tonne six-axle articulated semi-trailers were regular visitors to the lane.
- Elephants are transported from one city to the next in railroad cars or truck semi-trailers.
- Police do not expect to charge anyone involved in the fatal collision between a Bundaberg truck driver's semi-trailer and an elderly couple's campervan last week.
More definitions of semi-trailerDefinition of semi-trailer in:
- The US English dictionary