Definition of semolina in English:
1The hard grains left after the milling of flour, used in puddings and in pasta.
- Smeeda or large grain semolina flour is the grain of choice to make couscous.
- Add the sugar, flour, semolina, salt, and the remaining olive oil in several stages, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- In a medium bowl, mix bread flour, semolina and eggs until just combined.
1.1A pudding made of semolina.
- Milk puddings were served most days in the week - rice, tapioca, sago and semolina puddings, junket made with Rennet, and yellow coloured custard made with Edmonds custard powder.
- The days of sloppy semolina, congealed custard and tasteless toad-in-the-hole, are at an end in North Lincolnshire schools, according to the county council.
- We don't have lumpy pudding, soggy semolina or horrible cabbage any more.
Words that rhyme with semolinaAdelina, Angelina, arena, Argentina, ballerina, Ballymena, Bettina, Bukovina, Burkina, cantina, Cartagena, casuarina, catena, Christina, cleaner, concertina, congener, contravener, convener, Cortina, demeanour (US demeanor), deus ex machina, duodena, Edwina, Ena, farina, Filipina, galena, Georgina, Gina, gleaner, hyena, Ina, intervener, kachina, kina, Magdalena, marina, Martina, Medina, Messalina, Messina, misdemeanour (US misdemeanor), Nina, novena, ocarina, Palestrina, Pasadena, Philomena, piscina, retsina, Rowena, Sabrina, scarlatina, screener, Selina, Seraphina, Serena, Sheena, signorina, sonatina, subpoena, Taormina, tsarina, verbena, vina, weaner, Wilhelmina, Zena
Definition of semolina in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.