- A school receiving pupils from a particular religious group.More example sentences
- Okay, when you fill out your income tax forms here you can indicate which you'd rather your education taxes went to, separate schools or public schools.
- To protect ourselves from the perceived evils of Quebec nationalism and fears of assimilation, we live holed up in separate communities, separate schools and hospitals.
- In Canada, the lower consent rate, the smaller schools, and the fact that children from the same neighbourhood could attend either public or Catholic separate schools often rendered the nominated friend unavailable.
More definitions of separate schoolDefinition of separate school in:
- The US English dictionary