Definition of septicaemia in English:
Blood poisoning, especially that caused by bacteria or their toxins.
- Autopsy figures show we die from cancer, heart disease, pneumonia and septicemia and pulmonary emboli in that order.
- Now health chiefs are considering whether a further jab which fights bacterial meningitis, septicemia and pneumonia could save lives.
- A ‘very sick’ young infant may have pneumonia, septicaemia, and meningitis.
- Example sentences
- Person-to-person spread of bubonic or septicemic plague does not occur; however, pneumonic plague is highly contagious.
- In humans, plague occurs in three forms: bubonic plague, pneumonic plague, and septicemic plague.
- In this paper we review the microbiological, clinical and epidemiological observations in patients with septicaemic melioidosis, confirmed by the isolation of organisms from blood culture.
Definition of septicaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.