- Access to a computer data file that requires the user to read through the file from the beginning in the order in which it is stored. Compare with direct access.More example sentences
- As you can see, with disks, sequential access is much faster than random access.
- Some are read intensive and others are write intensive, some favor sequential access and some others are always accessed randomly.
- I save all kinds of things, especially user options, in sequential Access Files.
More definitions of sequential accessDefinition of sequential access in:
- The US English dictionary