- A fine-grained fibrous variety of muscovite, found chiefly in schist.More example sentences
- The samples from the andesitic units, occurring as tectonic lenses in the greywacke sequence, exhibit plagioclase phenocrysts altered to sericite, calcite and epidote, set in a matrix of chloritized pyroxene and amphibole.
- The nearby K - 2 deposit is very similar to the Kettle and contains, besides quartz, veins with calcite, ferroan dolomite, and minor chlorite, potassium feldspar, adularia, sericite, pyrite, and barite.
- Many of the grains are partially to entirely replaced by fine-grained sericite and quartz.
mid 19th century: from Latin sericum 'silk' + -ite1.
More definitions of sericiteDefinition of sericite in:
- The US English dictionary