Definition of serif in English:
A slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces .
- On paper it's easier to read serif fonts, because the serifs help the letters blend together and it is physically easier on the eyes and brain.
- It makes a nice contrast with the serif fonts we use for body text, and manages to convey both the technical expertise and relative newness of the company.
- Have the guidelines for the electronic environment been validated, or are they like the ‘truism’ that a typeface with serifs is more readable than one without them?
- 1seriffed adjective
- Example sentences
- That's a cool, subtly seriffed font.
- In the context of a seriffed font, the euro symbol will be seriffed, too.
Words that rhyme with serifsheriff
Definition of serif in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.