- A slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces .More example sentences
- On paper it's easier to read serif fonts, because the serifs help the letters blend together and it is physically easier on the eyes and brain.
- It makes a nice contrast with the serif fonts we use for body text, and manages to convey both the technical expertise and relative newness of the company.
- Have the guidelines for the electronic environment been validated, or are they like the ‘truism’ that a typeface with serifs is more readable than one without them?
mid 19th century: perhaps from Dutch schreef 'dash, line', of Germanic origin.
More definitions of serifDefinition of serif in:
- The US English dictionary