Definition of seroconvert in English:
verb[no object] Medicine
(Of a person) undergo a change from a seronegative to a seropositive condition: other clinical symptoms did not differ between drug users who seroconverted and those who remained negative for HIV
More example sentences
- All 12 women seroconverted after the first vaccination.
- However, patients will not seroconvert until about 22 to 27 days postexposure.
- Having remained HIV-negative all that time, he now seroconverts.
- Example sentences
- The seroconversion seen in some blood donors suggest that the proteins are indeed produced by the bacteria.
- Regarding the other secondary endpoints, vaccinated children had shorter exacerbations (irrespective of their cause) and fewer seroconversions than the placebo group but reported more side effects.
- Health care workers with seroconversions after work-related exposure need to speak up and share their experiences with colleagues.
Definition of seroconvert in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan