Definition of seropositive in English:
Giving a positive result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus: two of the patients were seropositive for HIV
More example sentences
- One female and 3 male patients were seropositive for human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Several tests have been developed or are being investigated for testing seropositive individuals post-seoconversion to detect recent infections.
- It is unclear whether this virus is a cause of pneumonia or merely latently reactivated, because virtually all adults are seropositive for the virus.
- Example sentences
- Individuals with hepatitis A seropositivity were not significantly different from those without such seropositivity with respect to frequency of daily exposure, wounds, use of protective equipment, or smoking status.
- However, in the chronic stage the circulating level of trypomastigotes is too low to be detected and therefore seropositivity is used as evidence of infection.
- The seropositivity for these viral markers was evaluated in 400 haemophilics in a 5-year survey starting from 1995.
Definition of seropositive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.