Definition of serotype in English:
A serologically distinguishable strain of a microorganism.
- Each vaccine contains 23 purified pneumococcal capsular polysaccharides of S. pneumoniae serotypes.
- Among the 102 non pregnant women in the present study, multiple serotypes were detected in 21.6 per cent.
- The serotypes were identified according to the chart provided by the manufacturers along with the kit.
verb[with object] Back to top
Assign (a microorganism) to a particular serotype: most investigators have made no attempt to serotype the ureaplasmas isolated
More example sentences
- The STEC isolates were serotyped at the E. coli Reference Center (Pennsylvania State University, University Park).
- Of the 143 patients with acute otitis media due to S. pneumoniae, 141 isolates were serotyped and 140 confirmed.
- However, when multiple GBS colonies were picked and serotyped, this concordance decreased to 80 per cent.
- Example sentences
- Immune sera from some Cambodian refugees contain functional serotypic antibodies that inhibit invasion of erythrocytes by the Camp strain but not by the FCR-3 strain of Plasmodium falciparum.
- In this electropherotype group also the majority of serotypically mixed samples, particularly in 12 (86%) of 14 samples were found.
Definition of serotype in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan