- An allergic reaction to an injection of serum, typically mild and characterized by skin rashes, joint stiffness, and fever.More example sentences
- An illness resembling serum sickness occurs in about 10% of patients with acute hepatitis B infection and 5-10% of patients with acute hepatitis C infection.
- Joint involvement tends to be symmetric in systemic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyalgia rheumatica, viral arthritides, and serum sickness reactions.
- CMV infection, serum sickness, or another viral illness rarely causes a false-positive heterophil antibody test.
More definitions of serum sicknessDefinition of serum sickness in:
- The US English dictionary