- 1British A roadside area where services are available to motorists.More example sentences
- Work on the new service area is due to start in May, and is due for completion next January.
- So he picked up the tools, left the service area, and completed the repairs himself.
- Temporary facilities have been in place since the former service area was wrecked in a fierce fire last October.
- 2The area transmitted to by a broadcasting station.More example sentences
- Region X refers to the nine-county service area surrounding Dallas.
- When I am sitting in a restaurant waiting for a lunch companion, or in traffic in a cab, if I am lucky, my daughter will be willing, available, and within the service area to talk to me.
- This type of technology is called ‘cellular’ because the system uses base stations to divide a service area into multiple ‘cells.’
More definitions of service areaDefinition of service area in:
- The US English dictionary