- 1The earth or burrow of a badger.More example sentences
- His mother gave birth to him and his brother in a garage in Cumbria because all the badger setts had been flooded.
- However, the plans must change as the proposed route runs through a badger sett and it would be illegal to disturb them.
- Swindon is blessed with many badger setts around the town but the rapid growth taking place has seen many of our badgers put at risk.
- 2A granite paving block.More example sentences
- The Council will soon start work to make Rawson Place traffic-free and pave it with Yorkshire flags and granite setts.
- The work that was carried out as Waterford City's Urban Renewal Project included the repaving of the entire area with granite setts and slabs to match those in John Roberts Square.
- They tend to be smaller in scale, generally 2 or 3 storeys in height with the buildings immediately fronting a shared area, frequently with granite setts.
Middle English: variant of set2, the spelling with -tt prevailing in technical senses.
More definitions of settDefinition of sett in:
- The US English dictionary