1The earth or burrow of a badger.
- His mother gave birth to him and his brother in a garage in Cumbria because all the badger setts had been flooded.
- However, the plans must change as the proposed route runs through a badger sett and it would be illegal to disturb them.
- Swindon is blessed with many badger setts around the town but the rapid growth taking place has seen many of our badgers put at risk.
2A granite paving block.
- The Council will soon start work to make Rawson Place traffic-free and pave it with Yorkshire flags and granite setts.
- The work that was carried out as Waterford City's Urban Renewal Project included the repaving of the entire area with granite setts and slabs to match those in John Roberts Square.
- They tend to be smaller in scale, generally 2 or 3 storeys in height with the buildings immediately fronting a shared area, frequently with granite setts.
Words that rhyme with settabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sett
Definition of sett in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.