An underground conduit for carrying off drainage water and waste matter.
- A common problem is the unlawful channelling of storm water drainage into the sewer system.
- Also, a licensed plumber may be required to attach your pipes to the public sewer line and water supply.
- They climbed down the ladder and stood in the shallow waters of the sewer.
Middle English (denoting a watercourse to drain marshy land): from Old Northern French seuwiere 'channel to drain the overflow from a fish pond', based on Latin ex- 'out of' + aqua 'water'.
A person that sews.
- Irene Caldwell is the company's costume designer who works with a small group of budding sewers.
- Margaret was also a great sewer and dress-maker, a craft at which she excelled in her younger years.
- An enthusiastic crafter and home sewer since childhood, Jane Schenck has a long and varied career in the home sewing industry.