- Oil obtained from bituminous shale.More example sentences
- Two important alternatives to current oil reserves are shale oil and tar sands.
- Additionally, as Bartlett notes, unconventional fossil fuels, such as heavy oil, tar sands, shale oil, represent an even larger resource.
- The targets are oil, coal, shale oil, and, if you believe the oil industry's press releases, the largest trove of natural gas on the continent.
More definitions of shale oilDefinition of shale oil in:
- The US English dictionary