- A deprived area on the outskirts of a town consisting of large numbers of shanty dwellings.More example sentences
- The township is a sprawling shanty town and squatter camp hidden by the bush.
- I'd rather get within ten feet of someone who lives in township or a shanty town, because there are a great many of them.
- The so-called port at Siem Reap is actually a huge shanty town where the jetty is literally collapsing into the water.
More definitions of shanty townDefinition of shanty town in:
- The US English dictionary