Definition of sheepish in English:
Showing or feeling embarrassment from shame or a lack of self-confidence: a sheepish grin
More example sentences
- I looked over at his mother to see a sheepish, almost embarrassed look on her face.
- He looked rather sheepish and diffident, hands in pockets and a nervous grin on his face.
- Her name was Rebecca and she spent Friday looking rather sheepish and apologetic!
- Example sentences
- The boy's sheepishness and self-effacing manner intrigued her.
- And then, with some embarrassment and sheepishness and a new sense of propriety, it ended.
- Ironic, too, that he's diffident to the point of sheepishness, even in front of the most adoring audience.
Words that rhyme with sheepishcheapish, steepish
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.