Showing or feeling embarrassment from shame or a lack of self-confidence: a sheepish grin
More example sentences
- I looked over at his mother to see a sheepish, almost embarrassed look on her face.
- He looked rather sheepish and diffident, hands in pockets and a nervous grin on his face.
- Her name was Rebecca and she spent Friday looking rather sheepish and apologetic!
- Example sentences
- The boy's sheepishness and self-effacing manner intrigued her.
- And then, with some embarrassment and sheepishness and a new sense of propriety, it ended.
- Ironic, too, that he's diffident to the point of sheepishness, even in front of the most adoring audience.
Words that rhyme with sheepishcheapish, steepish
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sheep|ish
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.