- Lightning with its brightness diffused by reflection within clouds.More example sentences
- Heat lightning is like sheet lightning, but is so far away that you cannot hear the thunder.
- The mixture of warm air and moisture creates thunderstorms at altitude - maybe 3,000 metres - bringing thunder and sheet lightning and heavy downpours from France, often at night.
- Like sheet lightning, these flashes are created by lightning bolts, but are in thunderstorms more than 10 miles away.
More definitions of sheet lightningDefinition of sheet lightning in:
- The US English dictionary